All programs except Anake Outdoor School
All registrations are processed through our secure online registration site. Please follow “Register Now” links on specific program pages to register.
If you are having trouble with our online registration tool please call our office Monday – Friday between 8 am and 4 pm PST: 425-788-1301 or contact us HERE.
Anake Outdoor School
Our Anake Outdoor School requires a specific application process in order to enroll. See the Anake Outdoor School page for application details.
Course registration changes quickly. There are two ways to check for open spaces in a course:
- Call our office 425-788-1301
- Click on the registration link that coordinates with the program in question. Based on your selections, available programs will be presented. If the program you are looking for is full, a waitlist option will be presented instead.
If your program appears waitlisted:
- Waitlists will only appear when a program is 100% full.
- There is no cost to register for a waitlist. Registration is highly encouraged
- Often times space opens up last minute or on the first day of programs. Participation is not guaranteed
- Participants on a waitlist will be contacted in the order they are received, up until 2 weeks prior to a program beginning. If you would like to be removed from a waitlist, please contact our office
- Participants will be contacted via the primary phone number and the primary email address provided
- Up until two weeks prior to a program beginning, participants have 48 hours to accept an open space before we call the next person on the waitlist. Within two weeks, an open space will be offered to the first person to respond
Before applying for a scholarship, please consider whether our maximum scholarship award for the program you are interested in will allow you to attend. If you will be unable to attend unless you receive more than the maximum amount awarded for that program, please consider saving money to attend at a later time – we’ll still be here!
The maximum scholarship considered for youth programs is 50% of the program cost. Scholarship applications are reviewed on a first received, first reviewed process. Scholarship applicants will be notified within 3 business days by the email address and phone number listed on the application
Adult Weekend and Week-long Programs
Currently we are unable to offer scholarships for these programs.
Adult School Year Programs (Adult Intensives)
If you are applying for the Anake Outdoor School (formerly the Residential Program), please review the scholarship section on this page. If you are applying for the Anake Leadership Program (formerly the Instructor Training Apprenticeship), your scholarship application must be submitted along with your program application. The scholarship and program applications will be reviewed simultaneously, and you will receive notice of any scholarship award at the same time as acceptance into the program, according to your program’s application schedule. Scholarships will be applied to any remaining tuition after the non-refundable deposit has been paid.
A huge thanks to all of our supporters who make these scholarships possible!! Learn more about creating scholarships for our students.
In order to provide scholarships to our students, we rely on the generous support of our donors through the Ingwe Memorial Scholarship Fund. We were pleased to be able to offer more than $25,000 in scholarships last year! But even with that level of funding, not everyone who applied for a scholarship was able to receive one. Our goal is to increase the amount we can give this coming year and in the years to come. Please consider a tax-deductible contribution to support future scholarships.
Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policies for Summer Programs and Weekend Programs*
(*not valid for Anake Outdoor School, Wildlife Tracking Intensive, Instructor Training Apprenticeship, Youth School, Community School or Roots and Wings)
Wilderness Awareness School welcomes students who are motivated to learn wilderness and outdoor education skills, are healthy and are socially responsible. We will deny admission to anyone we believe to be unable to meet the safety demands of our courses. We will expel any student who exhibits behavior that is unsafe or disrupts from the educational mission of a course. If a student is expelled, there will be no refund.
Wilderness Awareness School cancellation/credit and transfer policies are based on our investment in staff, course planning, as well as food and equipment purchases before your course. We cannot recover our expenses if you cancel. Short-notice cancellations often prevent others from attending.
Deposits are non-refundable. Deposit amounts are below:
|Program Cost||Non-Refundable Deposit|
Below is a summary of payment policies. For questions, please contact our registrar at 425-788-1301 or contact us HERE.
|Program Type||Payment Dates||Balance Due Dates|
|Monthly Programs||Full Payment at Registration|
|Half Day Camps||Full Payment at Registration|
|Day Camps||Full Payment at Registration|
|Skills Day Camps||Full Payment at Registration|
|Youth Overnight Camps||Non-Refundable Deposit at Registration||May 15th|
|Youth Expeditions||Non-Refundable Deposit at Registration||May 15th|
|Adult Programs||Non-Refundable Deposit at Registration||30 days prior to program start date|
If you choose to cancel or leave a course for any reason:
- 15 or more days prior to the course starting date; you are entitled to a full refund, minus the deposit.
- 14 days or less prior to the course starting date and once the course has begun, we are unable to offer any refunds.
If any duration of a course is cancelled by Wilderness Awareness School:
Although we rarely need to do so, we reserve the right to cancel a course or change a course duration, tuition or location. Wilderness Awareness School is not responsible for costs associated in these cases. We recommend that you consider refundable tickets for travel.
- We are unable to offer refunds if any duration of a program is cancelled due to inclement weather, or circumstances out of our control.
- If a program is cancelled due to low enrollment, tuition will be fully refundable or transferable.
In the event of illness or injury:
- Wilderness Awareness School will make all attempts to transfer participant to another program within the same fiscal year.
- If we are unable to transfer a participant, tuition will be fully refundable minus the deposit as noted above.
If you transfer from one course to another:
- 15 or more days prior to the course starting date – no additional charges. Tuition is fully transferable.
- 14 days or less prior to the course starting date, regular cancellation and refund charges will apply.
Within 24 hours of completing your online registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing links to the following:
- Confirmation Letter
- Map/Directions to program location
- Any additional required Forms
If you do not receive your confirmation email or if you have any questions, please contact our registrar at 425-788-1301 or contact us HERE.
A Medical and Release form is completed as part of the online registration system. We require that you digitally sign this form for all courses. Because of the ever-changing nature of medical and other requested information, we require that the form be updated for each course you or your child participates in. Some courses may require additional forms. See our Forms Page for required forms.
Please see our Maps and Directions page for more information.
Wilderness Awareness School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.