Youth Overnight Camps (Summer – Full or Part Time)
Come join Wilderness Awareness School’s summer programs and help bring sustenance and vitality to our students and staff. We have two positions available for an assistant cook at our semi-wild base camp in Duvall, WA.
Linne Doran, our land in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. Duvall, WA – 45 min. from Seattle, WA
- Prep and Kitchen Set-Up: June 13 – 17, 2022
- Ovenights weeks: June 19 – August 19 (typically work 5 of 9 weeks)
- Summer Wrap & Debrief: August 22-24, 2022
Assist the Head Cook in facilitating and implementing all facets of meal delivery for a group of up to 40 students and staff weekly. Including:
- Food preparation, cooking, serving, and kitchen cleanup.
- Supervise kitchen volunteers (including participant volunteers).
- Maintain kitchen facilities with a high standard of organization and cleanliness.
- Monitor food supplies and efficient use of ingredients on hand.
- Restock food supplies as needed (store, bulk, farmers market)
- Flexible, responsible, good humored and team oriented
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to give/receive feedback
- Experience with food service for large groups OR a strong desire to learn; Camp experience a plus
- Must enjoy being around youth and adults
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Willingness to work days, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Clean driving record and access to personal vehicle or over 25 years old to drive school van
- Covid-19 vaccination required
- King County Food Worker Card required (easy to obtain)
- $800 salaried per week
- On-site housing, all utilities provided including high speed internet
- A majority of your food during the times when you are cooking
How to apply
Send an email with the following three items to [email protected]:
- Cover letter introducing yourself and explaining your interest in this position
- Resume detailing education and experience.
- Complete our Employment Application
Applications accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Contact Craig Johnson, Operations Manager [email protected]