|November 2 - 3rd, 2019|
Join us for a women's deep nature connection weekend! Please note that this class now has a Spring and a Fall session. Each session is different and they are designed to be a complement to one another.
This hands-on weekend will cover a variety of topics:
- Practice the art of making fire with modern and primitive methods. The Fall fire session primarily focuses on carving and using a friction fire kit (the bow drill!)
- Craft your own pine-needle basket
- Learn how to safely and confidently identify, harvest, and prepare wild medicinal plants
- Experience the eye-opening art of tracking wildlife
- Gain knowledge in how to effectively use a knife
- Spend time with an engaging group of experienced female instructors
- Connect with other like-minded participants!
Participants will leave with new set of eyes to view the natural world as well as a new bond to other like-minded women!
Class will take place at our school's 40-acre property from 9am-5pm on Saturday and Sunday. No Food provided. Rustic camping available Saturday night. Participants will spend time indoors and outdoors throughout the weekend; please dress appropriately. Knife is required - available for purchase at class. *NOTE: Some of the above activities will be choice-based and not all participants will be able to do every topic listed.
I originally signed up for the Women's Wilderness Weekend for skill development and knowledge. I gained much more than that in the community development, embracing such different women with like minded hearts and needs. Ultimately, a lot of healing took place for me at WAS, and I am forever grateful.
- Kate Wilson
Wonderful program with incredibly wise and humble teachers. The women leaders modeled healthy group settings and a true appreciation and connection with their topics.
- Laura, Teacher and Parent