Thank you for registering for Wildlife Tracking Basics with Wilderness Awareness School in Duvall, Washington. We are excited to meet you at Linne Doran, Wilderness Awareness School’s 40-acre campus.
This page contains information that you will need to prepare for this program. Please read it carefully.
If you have any questions regarding your registration, please contact Wilderness Awareness School at (425) 788-1301 or [email protected]; our office hours are 8:00-4:00, Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions about registration, refunds, or transfers, please visit our Cancellation and Transfer Policy
We are looking forward to a fabulous course together!
Adult Program Manager
Mark Kang O’Higgins
Wildlife Tracking Basics
Saturday, September 18th; 9am-5pm
Sunday, September 19th; 9am-5pm
Please arrive by 8:45am and be prepared to start at 9am.
Where: A good portion of the course will be at our campus, Linne Doran, which is located about fifteen minutes outside of Duvall in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. You can find a map and driving directions here. We will also be visiting great tracking spots in the nearby area. The instructors will guide you on where to meet as needed.
What to Expect:
We will be spending time outside in the woods as well as some covered structures. Be
prepared to dress in layers so that you can adjust easily. Expect that you may get
muddy and dirty!
- We’ll cover many essential topics including:
- Wildlife and their Biology
- How to learn the Art of Tracking
- Animal Track and Sign identification
- Track Measurements and Journaling
- Animal Gait/Movement patterns
As this program is about unplugging, we will ask people to turn off their devices during class time.
Facilities: Personal facilities for your use include several port-a-potties, along with drinkable water.
Food: No meals are provided with this program. Please bring a sack lunch and snacks. We do not have any way for you to refrigerate or heat your food, so please plan accordingly.
How to Get Here: Driving directions can be found here, or click here to find Linne Doran on Google Maps.
Our Campus address:
20410 320th Ave NE
Duvall, WA 98019
GEAR PACKING LIST
Please bring the following items. This list is designed with your comfort and safety in mind, and
takes into account the variable weather possibilities in Western Washington.
- 2-Liters of water (Platypus, 1-liter bottles, etc.)
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Daypack (to carry lunch, water, notebook, and extra layers)
- Clothing that can get dirty, etc. appropriate to the weather. This could include:
- Light weight pants and long-sleeved shirt (for bug/sun protection)
- T-shirt and shorts
- Synthetic long underwear top and bottom (not cotton)
- Wool or fleece pants (not cotton)
- 2 wool or fleece sweaters (not cotton)
- Rain jacket (or poncho) and rain pants
- Socks, including some that are not cotton
- Warm hat
- Appropriate footwear; bring two pairs, including one to tromp in the wet and mud