|Sun 1 PM to Fri 4 PM..-.|
|August 9 - 14th, 2020|
This program is full for 2020. To be added to the waitlist, click the "Register Now" button below and proceed with registration. We will not run your card, but instead will contact you if a spot opens up.
Creativity and resourcefulness are abounding at Castaway Camp, where 27 students and their instructors find themselves on a "deserted island." They must work together to thrive throughout the week with minimal gear, survival skills, and whatever the tide washes in.
Each student will have the opportunity to stretch their imagination and push their comfort zone physically, mentally, and emotionally in a safe environment, supported by experienced staff.
Recognized by ParentMap as the best overnight camp!
Castaway Camp allows kids to explore their creativity, push their limits, collaborate, and deepen gratitude by:
- Thriving in nature with limited supplies
- Taking part in cultivated experiences that encourage teamwork
- Creating friction fires and learning fire tending techniques
- Exploring primitive cooking methods and cooking over the fire
- Taking part in minimalist camping using survival skills
- Learning to tie useful knots for minimal camping needs
- Learning how to respond to emergencies in a backcountry setting as staged medical situations arise.
- Building resilience and coping skills in the face of unforeseen challenges during crafted scenarios
- Cultivating healthy group dynamics through interpersonal communication and leadership opportunities
- Practicing responsible care of resources, including the gear you brought with you
- Taking responsibility for one's self
- Being of service to others
- Taking part in "Camper Council" check-ins each morning and evening
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others, and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals