Ages 11 to 14
Linne Doran: Duvall, WA
Includes Meals and T-Shirt
2024 Dates TBD
“My kid loves Castaway Camp. He came home with new skills, knowledge, and confidence in his capabilities. But most important he has a great time learning these things!”
– Mother of 14-year old, 3-time camper
“My son was beyond happy with his experience at Castaway Survival Overnight Camp. He did not want to come home at the end of the week and has already asked me to sign him up for more classes and camps.”
– Joanna, mother of 12-year-old camper
Creativity and resourcefulness are abounding at Castaway Camp, where students and their instructors find themselves on a “deserted island.” They must work together to thrive throughout the week with minimal gear, survival skills, and whatever the tide washes in.
Each student will have the opportunity to stretch their imagination and push their comfort zone physically, mentally, and emotionally in a safe environment supported by experienced staff.
Castaway Camp allows kids to explore their creativity, push their limits, collaborate, and deepen their gratitude.
Campers will enjoy:
- Thriving in nature with limited supplies
- Taking part in cultivated experiences that encourage teamwork
- Creating fires and learning fire-tending techniques
- Taking part in minimalist camping using survival skills
- Learning to tie useful knots for minimal camping needs
- Building resilience and coping skills in the face of unforeseen challenges during crafted scenarios
- Cultivating healthy group dynamics through interpersonal communication and leadership opportunities
- Practicing responsible care of resources, including the gear you brought with you
- Taking responsibility for one’s self
- Being of service to others
- Taking part in “Camper Council” check-ins each morning and evening
Wondering if this camp is right for your child? Click here to find out.
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child’s respect for self, others, and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals