|July 8 - 12th, 2019|
Wow! What a fantastic experience for her. Thank you. : ) What a really lovely group of people running the camp. : )
Maria Renninger, mom of 11 year old camper.
Love the curriculum and the emphasis on safety while still making it cool and fun for the kiddos.
Mother of 11 year old camper
Thank you for a wonderful experience for my daughter. She had a wonderful time. Loved it!
Jackie, mother of 12 year old
Am so pleased with the consistent quality of this camp! My son has been attending many years now and always wants to return.
Bonnie L. or Mom of 11 yo camper
Even if the camp fills up, we encourage you to sign up for the waitlist by clicking the register button. We occasionally do get cancellations, or additional spots open up.
Learn how to catch, prepare, and cook wild freshwater fish caught from our local waters. Explore the water’s edge of Seward Park where it meets the surrounding Lake Washington and have fun playing aquatic-life oriented games and challenges.
Recognized by ParentMap as the best nature camp eight years in a row!
Your child will explore the water’s edge, while:
- Learning how to cast your line and fish
- Practice/discuss catch-and-release vs. catch-and-eat fishing ethics
- Cleaning and preparing fish for cooking on coals
- "Seeing through the eyes" of fish
- Searching for wild bait and elusive turtles
- Making new friends!
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
There is an option to purchase a Fishing Pole during registration if you don't already have one for your child. Children will be taught our respectful process for giving death to an animal. Campers typically do not fish until Tuesday due to group orientation and safety training needs.