Ages 9 to 13
Seward Park, St Edward State Park, Cougar Mountain Park
“My daughter loved Ranger Skills Day Camp and came home grubby, excited, and happy every day! What a great experience. This was her second year at this camp and she loved it again! Thanks so much to the creative and caring counselors. Can’t wait to see you next year!”– Mother of Sydney B. (age 12)
“At Wilderness Awareness Ranger Camp my daughter had an amazing experience camping in the woods and learning about nature, and she met a bunch of wonderful people, too.”
– Father of 13 year old camper
“As a first-timer, my child loved the active nature of Ranger Skills Day Camp! The games were definitely a hit and it was great to see the learning about nature that went along with it. Our family is excited to come back next year and to connect with Wilderness Awareness programs throughout the year as well!”– Parent of Alex (9)
Get your kids outside and help them activate their bodies and senses through exciting adventures in the forest! They will move silently and fluidly, learn the art of camouflage, and mimic wild animals. They’ll be free to run, jump, and engage in wild play in the woods while learning safe and easy movement techniques.
Campers will learn to calm their mind like a Jedi, move in rhythm with the forest like Aragorn, and explore the world as a Ranger!
Recognized by ParentMap as the best nature camp!
Campers will enjoy:
- Practicing stealth camouflage techniques to move unseen and unheard through the woods
- Learning to move like a wild animal
- Using imaginative play
- Practicing movement exercises to build strength and flexibility
- Honing their skills through missions and challenges
- Running around in the woods with new friends!
Wondering if this camp is right for your child? Click here to find out.
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child’s respect for self, others, and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
|St Edward State Park
|7/22 – 7/26, 2024
|7/29 – 8/2, 2024
|Cougar Mountain Park
|8/5 – 8/9, 2024