|Sun 1 PM to Fri 4 PM|
|July 14 - 19th, 2019|
Here's what my daughter says; "I thought the experience was amazing. I loved learning about hiding and animals and intuition, and I definitely want to come back next summer. It made me so happy that the feeling has stuck with me. I learned some lessons about life that I will use my whole life."
Amy, mother of 13 year old camper
Such an amazing camp, filled with incredible, thoughtful people, and organized around such creative, fun, clever games and skill learning. Your camp is a truly special experience!
We were very impressed with the camp instructors. Our son's experience was very positive and we attribute that to the patience and sincere attention that the instructors gave to the campers. We couldn't more happy with what our son walked away from camp with. He had fun, pushed his abilities, made friends, gained confidence and became more aware of his natural surroundings.
Mother of 14 yr. old camper
The Scout is at home in the wilderness. The Scout is a protector. The Scout is honorable. The Scout knows how to listen...
Come discover your inner Scout at our advanced Scout Protector camp this summer!
Learn how to move like an animal, decode the language of the birds, and work effectively with your Scout team.
Explore the way of the Scout in the modern world, how to blend into your surroundings, and what you are willing to be a protector for.
Experience tons of fun and challenging games, a welcoming supportive community, and epic evening "missions"! We move in the shadows, we ask little, we see much, we are Scouts.
Note: Previous experience with Wilderness Awareness School programs is not required.
Scout Protector is for teens who are socially mature and seriously interested in pushing their edges and going deeply into the Way of the Scout. Like the Scouts in many ancient cultures, participants in this program will develop keen awareness and observation skills, practice camouflage and stealthy movement, learn to track wildlife and humans, learn to understand bird language (the alarm system of the forest), and identify wild and medicinal plants. They will work together with other Scouts to push themselves and improve their skills.
Recognized by ParentMap as winner or top finalist for best overnight camp each of the past eight years!
Scout Protector Overnight offers campers the opportunity to deepen their skills while:
- Using camouflage and stealthy movement to move “invisibly” day and night
- Practicing fluid movement
- Observing animals, day and night
- Moving and getting into the mind of a wild animal
- Tracking animals and trailing humans
- Decoding the language of birds
- Discovering edible and medicinal plants
- Practicing the routine of invisibility
- Playing Jedi awareness games
- Learning about Way of the Scout Protector and the worthy opponent
- Challenging themselves during night time and early morning scenarios
- Making new friends
- Enjoying wild adventures outdoors!
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio. On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals