Ages 4 to 6
St Edward State Park, Cougar Mountain Park
2023-2024 Dates Below
Through creative play and exploration, little nature lovers ages 4 to 6 work together in small groups, gaining nature awareness and knowledge of plants, mammals, birds, tracking, and survival. Our instructors guide students into experiences that nurture their connection to the earth and allow them to feel at home in the natural world.
Our educational philosophy focuses on:
- Providing fun, hands-on opportunities for children to get outside and learn about the natural world
- Building social and emotional skills as students grow in community
- An engaging variety of activities through weekly themes
- Adaptability so that the programs match the energy of the group and the seasonality of the land during a particular session.
- Mentoring delivered by experienced instructors with experience working with children in this age group
- Using our widely-respected educational philosophy, we encourage creative thinking rather than simply providing answers. Our goal is to help students develop problem-solving skills and self-sufficiency, fostering a deeper level of learning and connection.
Our instructional staff includes:
- Experienced instructors
- A targeted 1:8 adult to student ratio
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child’s respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
Saturday Programs (2023-2024)
Class time – 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Saint Edward State Park (Kenmore)
Saturdays: Sep 9, Oct 7, Nov 4, Dec 9, Feb 3, Mar 9, Apr 6
Cougar Mountain Park (Issaquah)
Saturdays: Sept 16, Oct 14, Nov 11, Jan 13, Feb 10, Mar 16, Apr 20