|9:00 am to 3:00 pm|
|July 22 - 26th, 2019 (Full)|
|July 29 - August 2nd, 2019 (Full)|
Wow! What a fantastic experience for her. Thank you. : ) What a really lovely group of people running the camp. : )
Maria Renninger, mom of 11 year old camper.
Love the curriculum and the emphasis on safety while still making it cool and fun for the kiddos.
Mother of 11 year old camper
Thank you for a wonderful experience for my daughter. She had a wonderful time. Loved it!
Jackie, mother of 12 year old
Am so pleased with the consistent quality of this camp! My son has been attending many years now and always wants to return.
Bonnie L. or Mom of 11 yo camper
This camp is full, but we encourage you to sign up for the waitlist by clicking the register button. We occasionally do get cancellations, or additional spots open up.
Discover the skills you would need to survive in a true emergency! Learn to make fire with and without matches, and how to tend the fire safely. Learn knife safety, how to identify and harvest wild edible plants, and campfire cooking. Build shelters and create fun and practical items like baskets, tools or rope.
Recognized by ParentMap as the best nature camp eight years in a row!
Your child will learn new skills and experience:
- Making fire with matches and flint and steel
- Learning safe and effective fire tending techniques
- Building or finding primitive shelters
- Identifying and harvesting wild edible plants
- Cooking over a campfire
- Creating useful tools like baskets, tools, or rope
- Exploring off-trail
- Learning the safe use of knives as tools
- Catching frogs and snakes
- Having fun with new friends!
Our instructional team features:
- A 1:9 staff-student ratio
- On-site director and volunteers who offer additional instructor support
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors, a widely-respected educational philosophy developed at the Wilderness Awareness School
- Compassionate educators who encourage each child's respect for self, others and nature
- Experienced Wilderness First Aid and CPR certified professionals
Camp meets on the property of Carnation Farms, an 818 acre organic farm with hundreds of acres of beautiful wild woods, elk and access to the Snoqualmie River. Find out more about Carnation Farms here.